Sunday, June 26, 2011

* No Bake PEANUT BUTTER Cookies *

On our last trip down to see my in-laws, my sister-in-law Amy was telling me about these yummy No-Bake Cookies they serve in the Rich High Cafeteria. I was assuming they were the No-Bake Fudge Oatmeal Cookies...but I was wrong! She whipped these babies out and they were amazing! Then I realized that I had seen this recipe over at Natalie's blog and I was SO EXCITED to make them at home! If you love peanut butter, you will LOVE these cookies!

* No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies *
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal

Spread a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil out on a flat surface. You'll need about 2 feet.

Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, milk, and salt and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for exactly one minute, then remove from heat. Add vanilla and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Mix in oatmeal.

Immediately drop in rounded tablespoonfuls on wax paper or foil. Let cool completely and enjoy.

No comments: