Thursday, June 9, 2011

* S'more Bars *

Do you ever have one of those days where you NEED a treat? On Sunday, I NEEDED a treat. I found this recipe here and since we had all the stuff for smore's, I thought this would be a great treat.

* S’More Bars *1 stick of butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 king-sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
1 large egg
1 jar marshmallow creme/fluff (I used a 1/2 bag of big marshmallows cut into little pieces because that's what I had...I wish I would've used the creme. It would have been much neater looking and easier to put together)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full-sized graham cracker sheets, processed til fine)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla and set aside.

Meanwhile,whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture until combined.

Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.

Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side.

Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff.

Place blobs of it on the chocolate and then spread it around.

Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (this is where I wish I had used the creme instead of the marshmallows...it was hard to get the dough to lay on the marshmallows without the marshmallows sticking to the dough and it ended up a jumbled mess...but still yummy!)

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

No comments: