Saturday, June 18, 2011

* BBQ Chicken Pizza *

As I've mentioned before, I worked at Papa Murphy's Pizza for a long time. One of my favorite pizzas we made there was the BBQ Chicken Pizza. They use KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, shred the chicken and let it marinate in the BBQ sauce for a day or two, spread that on the crust, top it with mozzarella cheese, add crispy bacon, tomatoes, & onions, and then top it off with a mix of cheddar, provolone, and parmesan cheese---it is yummy! I always switch out the onions for pineapple...now that is my kind of pizza!

We have homemade pizza pretty often at our house. I usually try to recreate the PM BBQ Chicken using what I have on hand and we all love it!

* BBQ Chicken Pizza *
1 batch of your favorite pizza dough (I won't post my recipe on here cause it's really not that great...)
1/2 c. favorite BBQ sauce (we had Kraft on hand)
1 c. cheese (we had coldy jack on hand)
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I only use one chicken breast because too many toppings on the pizza with make it kind of soggy/doughy)
2-3 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
pineapple pieces, to taste (but don't do too many...soggy doughy pizza, remember?)
Onions, to taste (not pictured...but I did sprinkle some onion powder on top for taste)
Tomatoes, to taste (not pictured...we didn't have any on hand)

Roll out crust and place on pizza stone or pan. Bake at 425* (or whatever temperature your dough recipe states) for 10 minutes. Pull crust out of oven and top with BBQ sauce, chicken, 3/4 the cheese, the rest of the toppings, and the rest of the cheese on the top. Bake for another 7-10 minutes or until crust is browned. Enjoy! I like to dip mine in ranch dressing :)

No comments: