Friday, June 3, 2011

* Skor Bar Dessert *

My mother-in-law makes a yummy Skor Bar Dessert. My hubby really likes it and talks about it frequently. When we blessed our first baby, I decided to make the famous dessert for our luncheon afterwards but I added some caramel with it and it turned out delicious...almost like Better Than You-Know-What Cake but in a messier, trifle-ish form.

* Skor Bar Dessert *
(once again...not the best picture. I need to get myself a trifle bowl or something...this bowl is kind of wavy so that picture looks weird. This is SO GOOD, though!)
1 box chocolate cake mix (& eggs, oil, water to make it)
1 5 oz package of instant chocolate pudding (& milk to make it)
1 8 oz tub whipped topping
1 bottle caramel ice cream topping
6 Skor bars, chopped into small pieces (I used the pre-chopped Heath bar bits int he baking aisle--I guess mine's not really a skor bar dessert, is it?)

Bake cake as directed on box in 9 x 13 pan. Allow cake to cool. Prepare instant pudding as directed on box. Allow pudding to set up in fridge. Cut cake into bite-sized pieces (I basically just took a spatula and chopped the cake into small pieces--it doesn't have to be pretty!) . Layer in trifle dish-- 1/2 of the cake, 1/2 pudding, 1/2 whipped topping, drizzle with caramel, 1/2 Skor (or Heath) bits. Repeat. Now devour...cause it is scrumptious!

No comments: