Tuesday, November 29, 2011

* Spinach Salad *

This salad is delicious! My cousin brought it to my son's baby blessing dinner a few years ago and we have been eating it ever since (Thanks Melissa!). We took it to my in-laws as a side for Thanksgiving this year and it was a hit!

The only thing that I think I might change with this recipe from here on out is to only mix in half the dressing and if you or your guests want more dressing to pour it on after you dish up...or maybe don't mix any in at all and just pour the dressing on like a regular salad. I find that the salad gets way too soggy (for my taste) after a while and especially if you have leftovers.

* Spinach Salad *
(I forgot to take a picture but it is such a pretty salad with the green spinach/lettuce, red cranberries, white lettuce, and the brown peanuts/bacon!)
2 lb. bag spinach
1 head of iceberg lettuce
6 oz. craisins
1 c. honey roasted peanuts
8 oz. grated monterey jack cheese
1 lb. pkg. cooked bacon, crumbled

Dressing:
3/4 c. rasp. vinegarette dressing
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. veg. or canola oil

Add all the salad ingredients and dressing just before serving.

No comments: