Monday, November 14, 2011

* Chicken, Spinach, & Tomato Alfredo *

This recipe came to be thanks to a few different recipes. Our ward puts out a newsletter at the beggining of each month and this last month there was a recipe for Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo (it didn't say who's recipe it was...thanks to whoever you are, ward friend!). I didn't have broccoil but I had a lot of spinach and cherry tomatoes to use up so then I found this recipe here that uses spinach and tomatoes and I combined the two to make a new recipe. Be forewarned that this is not "real alfredo." This is poor man's alfredo. My hubby was a little disappointed that it wasn't the authentic stuff but he still liked it.

*Chicken, Spinach & Tomato Alfredo *

1/2 lb linguine (or any other pasta)
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 T. olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic (I used one...you could easily use garlic powder instead)
fresh spinach (however much you want...I used maybe a 1/4th of a bag)
1 handful halved cherry tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. parmesean cheese (I used the stuff in the green bottle...you could use the real stuff too)
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
(I also added a dash of onion powder and garlic salt)

Prepare pasta according to directions. While pasta is cooking, cook chicken in skillet. Shred or dice chicken and set aside. Mix soup, milk, cheese, and spices together and set aside. Heat oil in skillet and add garlic. Allow to cook (but don't burn) for a minute or two. Add spinach and saute until wilted. Add tomato halves and soup miture. Allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes. Drain pasta when done and add into alfredo sauce. Heat through and serve!

No comments: