Tuesday, March 29, 2011

* Mango Tomato Salsa *

Last week I went to a Pampered Chef party where they served fresh mango salsa...and it was DELICIOUS!! Luckily, we got some mangoes in our Bountiful Basket a few weeks ago and hadn't used them yet so I thought, why not make Mango Salsa? I didn't use an actual recipe for this; I kind of just threw in what I thought would taste good...and it turned out yummy (although I'm sure you could look up a real recipe super quick and it'd be great too!)!!!

* Mango Tomato Salsa *
2 ripe mangoes
6 tomatoes
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 onion
1 jalapeno pepper
1 green Anaheim pepper
1 T. lemon juice (I've heard lime juice is yummy with mangoes too!)
1 1/2 tsp. salt

Cut and peel mangoes. Place mangoes and tomatoes in food processor and chop them up until they're at your desired consistency (I like mine kinda chunky so I didn't process them very long.) Pour mangoes and tomatoes into large mixing bowl. Add cilanto, onion, and peppers (I took the pepper seeds out of my peppers because I'm not a super spicy salsa lover but you could leave the seeds in for some heat) and blend them up to desired consistency (I like these ingredients a little less chunky so I pretty much pureed them). Stir into mangoes and tomatoes. Stir in lemon juice and salt. Serve with chips. This is even better the next day after the flavors sit together in the fridge!

No comments: