Monday, March 28, 2011

* 3 Envelope Roast *

I am not really a pot roast person. I like roast with BBQ sauce or french dip sandwiches...you know...the kind of recipes with a little something mixed in so it's not just a hunk of meat? Well, I decided I was going to make a nice Sunday dinner with roast and potatoes. I found this recipe at Real Mom Kitchen and it was actually pretty yummy and very easy!

* 3 Envelope Roast * 3 pound beef roast (I used a chuck roast)
1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope of dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix
2 cups water

Put the water in a measuring cup that is larger then the amount of water you are using. Add and mix all three envelopes of dry salad dressings to the water. Mix until blended completely. Brown the roast (if desired--I did not brown mine...in fact, I put my roast in the crock pot still frozen). Add the meat to your cooker. Pour the water, salad dressing mixture over the roast. Cook it on high for about 4-5 hours on low about 8-9 hours.


You can also make gravy using the drippings from the roast and dressing mixture. I mixed 2 T. cornstarch with 1/4 c. of the drippings until it was no longer lumpy. I then added 2 cups of the drippings/dressing mixture and 2 beef bouillon cubes. I brought it to a boil (or until it thickened) and served it over mashed potatoes. It was actually really good!

No comments: