Monday, March 14, 2011

* Sloppy Joes *

I recently realized how much I actually like sloppy joes...for some reason I always kind of stayed away from them--maybe because of the word "sloppy" in the title? Anyways, I got this recipe out of a cookbook from my sister. It's super easy and super good!

*Sloppy Joes*
(I forgot to take a picture this week...but you all know what a sloppy joe looks like, right?)
2 lbs. ground beef
2 T. flour
1 1/2 c. ketchup
3/4 c. water
1 T. brown sugar
1 T. vinegar
1 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
(I half this recipe for our family)

Brown ground beef in large saucepan. Drain off excess fat. Stir in flour. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmering for 1/2 - 1 hour (simmering if optional). Serve on hamburger buns.

No comments: