Monday, March 14, 2011

* Chicken Roll-ups *

This meal has been one of my most favorite meals as far back as I can remember. I got this recipe from my mom and it's now one of my family's favorites as well.

*Chicken Roll-ups*
3chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. margarine, softened
2 packages tube cressent rolls

Mix cream cheese and margarine together. Add shredded chicken to the mixture. Add salt & pepper (to taste), onion salt (to taste), and a pinch of basil. Cover and refridgerate til set up (sometimes I skip this step).

Open cressent rolls, put a spoonful of mixture on each piece of dough, and roll up. Dip in melted butter and Italian bread crumbs. Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes.

Serve with mashed potatoes (or rice) and gravy.

--Variations--
*a friend of mine uses canned chicken instead of the shredded chicken breasts.

*my mother-in-law rolls the filled cressents in a chicken stuffing mix (not cooked, just the dried stuff) instead of bread crumbs.

*You could skip the bread crumbs all together if you want.

*Instead of the tube cressent rolls, you could make the dough out of bisquick for a biscuity type meal.

1 comment:

Tarese and Mike said...

Did mom dip her roll-ups in breadcrumbs? Your meal looks great, look how far you have come since college! ;) Love ya!