Tuesday, February 15, 2011

* Fettuccine Alfredo *

I got this yummy recipe from one of my best friends, Melissa! She and her husband made it for us one day a few years ago and my husband has talked about it ever since! I finally remembered to ask her for the recipe and we had it for our Valentine's dinner yesterday and it was SO GOOD and easy!

* Fettuccine Alfredo * (Once again, don't mind the ugly picture. I am not a photographer.)

Bring to a rolling boil in a large pot:
6 qt. water 2 Tbsp. salt

Add 1 pound fettuccine pasta & cook until tender but firm.

Melt 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet along with:

1c. heavy cream
1c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste

Toss pasta over low heat until it is well coated. Serve immediately. Serves 6.

I also cooked two chicken breasts (sprinkled with salt, pepper, & garlic powder), cubed them, and added them to the sauce with the pasta! It was DELICIOUS!

No comments: