Thursday, January 27, 2011

* Whole Wheat Waffles (or pancakes) *

Last year for Christmas, my parents gave us a bunch of whole wheat kernels and a hand wheat grinder for our food storage. I'll admit that I had no idea what to do with them and honestly didn't use it until about October of this last year. Then I got this awesome recipe from my parents and it forever changed our family meals. This is my #1 go-to meal when it gets to be 5:00pm and I still haven't thought about dinner...or if I'm just to lazy to make anything else. We probably have it at least once a week. It is so easy because you don't have to grind up the wheat kernels...the blender does it for you! And I just feel so healthy (as long as you don't count the syrup and butter) because they're whole wheat :)

Whole Wheat Waffles*mix the following on high speed for 2 minutes:
1 c. milk
1 c. whole wheat kernels

*add:
1/2 c. milk
*and mix for 2 more minutes.

*Then add these ingredients:
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs
1 t. salt
1 T. honey
*and blend well.

*Right before baking, add:
1 T. baking powder
*and fold in on low speed just until blended. Bake!

THESE ARE YUMMY!

No comments: