Friday, January 21, 2011

* Brown Sugar Muffins *

Disclaimer: I would not describe these muffins as "spectacular" or "scrumptious" or "the best thing I ever ate" but...they are fast, easy, and my son LOVES them.
I used to have the packed Betty Crocker muffin mixes in my cupboards for mornings when we didn't feel like eating cold cereal or toast but one morning I went to make some muffins and I was out of the mixes! My little boy started crying that he "needed" a muffin-man (as he calls them) so I got out a cookbook that I received from my sister and this was the first recipe I saw. It doesn't have any "extras" in it (chocolate chips, blueberries, etc.) but I think that's why my son loves them. And I actually like them too.

Brown Sugar Muffins1/2 c. soft butter or margarine
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 c. milk
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour

Mix all ingredients together until blended and batter is still somewhat lumpy. Bake in muffin tins at 350* for 15 minutes. (Sometimes, I rub a little bit of brown sugar on the top while they're still warm.) This makes about 2 dozen muffins so I usually half the recipe for our little family.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Andrea, I have to admit that your little recipe blog here was one of the ones I "stalked" a couple times before I decided I needed to do one of my own. Is that weird? :)

These muffins actually look really good, so we may need to try them. I need a break from cold cereal and instant oatmeal - all Sadie ever eats for breakfast.

Chuck and Becky said...

Andrea, I didn't know you had this blog. You have a lot of good looking recipes on here. You also do a much better job at actually posting on this blog I am such a slacker on mine.

Melissa said...

I wish I had known about this blog sooner. I just found it and made these muffins for breakfast. Cannon LOVED them. I'm excited to try some of the other recipes too and mix up our dinner routine. :)