Friday, October 7, 2011

* Crockpot Meatloaf *

Oh crockpot...why do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
I love that almost every meal I cook in you requires hardly any real prep work--I usually just dump stuff in and I almost always put all my meat in frozen...so easy! I love that my house smells yummy all day while you cook for me. I love that I don't have one of those "Oh crap, it's 5:00pm and I don't know what to make for dinner...again" moments when I remember to use you. I love you crockpot..."don't you go dying on me!" (name the movie)

When I saw the recipe for crockpot meatloaf (found here) I thought, really? Won't it turn out all mushy or weird cooked in the crockpot? Well, I'm here to tell you, my friends, that it turns out AWESOME in the crockpot! I halved this recipe and it was the perfect amount for our family dinner and for leftovers in the hubby's lunch the next day.

*Crockpot Meatloaf *
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 lg. bell pepper, chopped (didn't use this...I'm not really a pepper person)
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
1 envelope onion soup mix
2-3 lbs ground beef

Line crock pot with foil

Mix together the eggs, milk, dry crumbs, & onion soup mix. Add meat and onions (and peppers)and mix all thoroughly. Shape into loaf, put in crock pot and cook on low for 6-8hrs.

2 hrs before done you can put ketchup on top of loaf and let cook the last 2 hrs. (instead of doing just ketchup, I mix ketchup, mustard, and a bit of brown sugar together...so good!)

1 comment:

Terri @ that's some good cookin' said...

I never thought to make meatloaf in a crockpot. What a great idea!