Monday, October 17, 2011

* Canning Week! *

These past few months have been busy-busy-busy as I've been trying to "put up" some food for the winter. Canning is not necessarily "fun" but it is rewarding to see all your time and effort pay off. I love hearing the little "ping" of the canning lids as they seal...that sound is one of my favorites :) This week I'm going to post some of the recipes and directions I've used for canning this year. Here's the schedule for our
* Canning Week! *

Tuesday: Apple Pie Filling, Chunky Applesauce, & Apple Butter
Wednesday: Salsa & Canned Tomatoes
Thursday: Green Beans & Peaches
Friday: Ground Beef & Beef Chunks

Should be fun! Although this is really for my own sake (so nice to have everything written down in the same place), I hope someone somewhere will be able to learn something too :)

No comments: