Monday, October 24, 2011

* Marv 'n' Joe *

Most of you have no idea what a Marv 'n' Joe is...nor would I expect you too. I learned about the greatness called a Marv 'n' Joe while attending college at USU (go aggies!). I had a super great roommate (hey Sara!) who worked at Hazel's (the yummiest bread store ever) at the USU Hub. She would make the best samples for people to try--and that was when I first tried the Marv 'n' Joe...and I never turned back (although I did also get the amazing cinnamon swirl bread, toasted and topped with cream cheese and raspberries quite a bit too...mmmm!). I remember plenty a time stopping between classes for a snack, getting up early to study and grabbing on of these to munch on...) Aside from the wonderful things I experienced at Utah State (my education, finding my hubby, amazing friends, spring breaks (what up Puerto Penasco!), football/basketball games, etc), I am so glad I found out about the Marv 'n' Joe!

For a USU history of the Marv 'n' Joe, click here!

* Marv ’n’ Joe *
The Marv 'n' Joe starts out with a slice of Hazel’s bread (any bread--white, wheat-cheese-etc), topped with garlic butter, a tomato slice, oil & vinegar, salt & pepper, and a slice of provolone cheese. Toast and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

(Mine is obviously not the exact replica (I didn't have the provalone cheese or the toaster oven--I baked mine in the oven til it was crispy-ish)...and it really didn't taste as amazing as I remember these tasting--but it was still delicious! What a great combo of tastes.)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I totally forgot about Marv n' Joes! Thanks for the fun reminder - I loved those things.