Friday, April 6, 2012

* Cafe Rio Shredded Beef Knockoff *

We had this for dinner last night and it was yummy!!! I am a huge fan of the Cafe Rio/Costa Vida restaurants and although I haven't tried their shredded beef, this was delicious and super easy! I found the recipe here! I also served it with a homemade Spanish Rice recipe I got from a friend in my ward (I will have to share it soon) and a new black bean recipe (I'll share that sometime too!)

*Cafe Rio Shredded Beef *
3lb Chuck Roast
1 Can Green Chile Sauce
1 C Beef Broth
1 Small Can Tomato Sauce
1 T Cumin
1/2 Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced

Place chuck roast in crock pot, pour green chile sauce, beef broth, & tomato sauce over the top and add cumin & garlic. Cut an onion in half a place full onion rings on top of the roast to flavor(they will be removed when the roast is cooked and discarded). Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or until meat falls apart easily. Shred meat into a different container, strain juices from the crock pot and pour over shredded beef.


You can use this on tacos, burritos, salads, chimichangas, nachos, taquitos, quesadillas...I'm pretty sure the list could go on and on. It made a lot of beef so I froze half of it to use for another meal!

I also have knockoff recipes for the Costa Vida/Cafe Rio Chicken and Costa Vida/Cafe Rio Pork. (click on the names to take you to the recipes).

No comments: