Wednesday, September 1, 2010

* Easy Sweet Pork Roast (Cafe Rio Knockoff) *

I LOVE Cafe Rio (yummy Utah-based Mexican food)! I crave them all the time and we just recently got a Cafe Rio up here in Idaho which is so great! Before we got the restaurant up here, I had to make do with a homemade sweet pork roast. This recipe is my favorite because it is so easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. It doesn't taste exactly like Cafe Rio pork roast but it is very yummy! **I've had a few people tell me that you can add a can of Coke or Root Beer and it will taste a bit more like Cafe Rio/Costa Vida pork...I haven't tried it but let me know if you do!

Sweet Pork Roast
*2-3 lb. pork roast
*2 c. salsa
*1 c. brown Sugar

Place pork roast in crockpot. Sprinkle brown sugar and salsa over the top. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred and let pork simmer in the juice for another hour. (At this point, I add in a few more spices, although the recipe doesn't call for it. I add a little bit of garlic salt, cumin, and taco seasoning.) I use this in tacos, burritos, on salads, etc. So yummy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I actually have this same recipe except mine also calls for a can of root beer. I don't know if it makes much of a difference, but it is really good.