Wednesday, December 21, 2011

* Ooey Gooey Brownies *

I don't know if I've said it one here or not but my mom is THE BEST food maker ever! I know most people probably think that their mom is the best. Some people might even say it out of obligations...but not me. My mom really is amazing :) I got this recipe from her at a bridal shower that my in-laws gave me. It was a recipe themed shower where you bring a recipe and the ingredients to make it. I remember the first time I made this recipe...it was my first time "entertaining" after my husband and I got married. We lived in the dinkiest hallway-sized apartment and we invited friends over to eat dinner and watch a movie. I made these and they turned out so great! Our friends raved about them and it's been one of our favorites ever since. Thanks for the recipe Mom :)

* Ooey Gooey Brownies *
1 box German chocolate cake mix
3/4 c. butter, melted
1 bag chocolate chips
25 caramels
2/3 c. evaporated milk, divided into half

Unwrap and melt caramels with 1/3 c. evaporated milk in microwave (I microwaved it on high in 30 second increments until melted and combined).
Mix cake mix, melted butter, and 1/3 c. evaporated milk together. Spread 1/2 to 3/4 of cake mixture into bottom of an ungreased cake pan. Bake at 350* for 6 minutes.
Pour melted caramels over cookie mixture. Sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel. Spread remaining cake mixture over chocolate chips (I personally think it's kind of hard to "spread" so I just drop teaspoon amounts of the cake mixture over the top until its mostly covered). Bake for 15 more minutes.

No comments: