Tuesday, September 6, 2011

* Fresh Salsa *

/My dad is awesome! He does so many things so great and one of them is this salsa! He gave us this recipe and it has been a favorite ever since! This year was so nice because we were able to use stuff from our garden to make it. The tomatoes were from my husband's Grandma's garden, the onion, peppers, & chilis were from our garden, and the cilantro was from the store (although we did grow some cilantro in our garden but it got too long and had weeds in it so I opted to get it from the store). It is so yummy and fresh and healthy...I LOVE it!

* Fresh Salsa *
3 lbs. Tomatoes (about 30 roma--if using regular tomatoes, squeeze out some of the juice before using)
3/4 Onion
1/2 bunch Cilantro
1 Green Anaheim chili
2 Yellow Anaheim chili
3 Jalepeno peppers
1 T. lemon juice
2-3 tsp. salt (to taste)

In food processor, chop all ingredients except tomatoes. Add tomatoes and chop to desired consistency. Salt to taste.
(I usually pour the chopped stuff into a bowl before adding the tomoates. I then chop half of the tomatoes up really fine and pour them into the bowl. Then I chop the remainder of the tomatoes more chuncky and add them to the bowl. I stir it all together and then add the salt a teaspoon at the time until is tastes just right.)

No comments: