Friday, August 12, 2011

* BBQ Ranch Quesadillas *

This recipe is delicious! We love mexican food around here (and by "we" I mean "me"--although my hubby and kids do eat it well, they just don't LOVE LOVE-LOVE it like I do) and this recipe did not disappoint. I think it's going to be one of my new "go-to" recipes. I found it here at Cooking a la Mode. I didn't use these exact measurements--I pretty much just threw in what looked good. I also forgot to put the rice in (and we love rice so that was kind of a weird thing to do) and it still turned out good! I even used fresh cilantro from our garden...mmmm!

* BBQ Ranch Quesadillas *
1/2 c. white rice, cooked
1/2 c. black beans
1 c. chicken, cooked and shredded
3/4 c. frozen sweet white corn
1 diced tomato
1/4 c. diced green or red onion
1/4 c. minced cilantro
2 c. shredded cheese
1/3 c. - 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
10-12 flour tortillas
butter
salt
1/2 c. bbq sauce
1/2 c. good ranch dressing

In a large bowl, combine rice, beans, chicken, corn, tomato, onion, cilantro, and cheese. Fold in bbq sauce and mix until evenly distributed. Add more bbq sauce if needed. The mixture shouldn't be drenched, but should be fairly well-coated.

Butter one side of tortillas. Place about 1/3 c. of chicken mixture on half of the tortilla and fold over. Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle tops of quesadillas with salt.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10-14 minutes, or until light brown and slightly crispy. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine desired amount of ranch and bbq sauce for dipping.

Cut each quesadilla in half and serve with bbq ranch dipping sauce

No comments: