Wednesday, February 8, 2012

* Pull-apart Mini Pizzas *

Okay, so I honestly don't know what this recipe is really called but I'm sure "Pull-Apart Mini Pizzas" is not it. I got this recipe (although it's not really a recipe but another way to make pizzas) from my mother-in-law and my family loved it! My mother-in-law uses rhodes bread dough for the dough in this recipe but I used my own pizza dough this time. I think the rhodes dough works best (they turn out fluffier) but either way, these are yummy.

* Pull-apart Mini Pizzas *
One batch of homemade pizza dough, rhodes bread dough, etc.
cheese
toppings
pizza sauce (for dipping)
ranch dressing (for dipping)

Roll out your pizza dough into a rectangular shape. Cut dough into 12 equal pieces. Stretch each piece out and place desired toppings in the middle of the dough piece. Top with cheese. Fold over the edges of the dough and press together, making a "pillow?" (not sure how to describe it) Place seam side down on greased baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough pieces.

I really don't know how to describe this next part either...basically you take a knife or a scraper (see my picture below)and chop the pizza pillows 2 or 3 times across and 2 or 3 times top to bottom. Scrunch (or spruce) the mini pizzas up. Bake at 425* for 10-15 minutes or until browned. Serve with ranch dressing and warmed up pizza sauce.
These are super easy and my kids (and I) love them because they can pick little bites off all by themselves! I hope this all made sense. I just learned it by watching my mother-in-law so don't mind the weirdo directions :)

No comments: