Wednesday, March 7, 2012

amanda's breadsticks

These breadstick are so easy (even I can't screw them up...and I'm terrible with bread making). I got the recipe from a girl in my ward (thanks Amanda) and they are super delicious--and did I meantion easy?

* Amanda's Bread Sticks *

1 1/2 c. warm water
1 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. flour (or more)
6-8 Tbsp. butter
Garlic salt
Parmesan cheese
Grated cheddar cheese (optional)

Sprinkle the yeast and sugar into the warm water; let bubble about 10 minutes. Mix in the salt and flour until it's no longer sticky. Knead on a floured surface until soft dough is formed. Let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter in 9x13 pan at 375. Roll dough on a floured board and cut into strips. Roll in butter and arrange in pan. Sprinkle with a little garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. Let raise 10 minutes. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese over the top for the last few minutes if desired.

No comments: