Sunday, November 14, 2010

* Poppyseed Chicken *

We have this for dinner probably way too often...but I love it anyways! The first time I had it was while I was at USU at my friend Ashley's apartment and I had to get the recipe. It was great when she made it but I'm glad she gave me the recipe...how does the saying go? Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime? Thanks for feeding us for a lifetime Ash :)
Once again, no picture but at least I'm posting, right? I've also seen recipes where people add in their favorite veggies but I haven't tried that yet...if you do, let me know!

Poppy Seed Chicken

5 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 cube butter
1 (8 oz) sour cream 1 ½ tubes Ritz crackers
1 can cream of chicken soup 2 T. poppy seeds

Cook and shred chicken breasts. Mix sour cream, soup, and chicken. Put into 8 inch square baking dish. Melt butter and mix in poppy seeds and cracker crumbs. Sprinkle on top of chicken mixture. Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes. Serve over rice.

No comments: